When it comes to building and home design, we have seen so many different trends that come and go over the years. One trend that has proven to be enduring and that has become a home building must is first floor bedroom suites. While many homes are still built with multiple levels that include an owner’s suite on the upstairs bedroom level, builders have continued to add first floor bedroom suites as well. This allows not only aging in place, but also elderly relatives to visit and not worry about navigating stairs. Additionally, it creates a more private bedroom for guests visiting, and allows for multi-generational living.
Here are additional benefits to first floor bedroom suites:
- Moving furniture in the home. Sometimes it can be difficult to get certain pieces of furniture up a flight of stairs so this can be extremely beneficial for the move-in process.
- The homes with owner suites on the main floor have a higher chance of getting sold faster. Because this is becoming more popular, people are starting to specifically look for homes with first floor bedroom suites.
- Distance from children. This means you can have the children’s bedrooms upstairs while yours is on the main floor. Some parents like the space for their children so everyone can have their own privacy.
- Personal preference. Some people don’t want their home to have multiple levels so being able to have everything on one floor is more beneficial for them.
- Having the owner’s suites on the main floor keeps you close to the most used spaces in the home. For example, the kitchen and the living room are easy access.
These many benefits make having a home with a first-floor bedroom suite a must-have. It’s important to consider the needs of your family and your future when choosing your floor plan. If you are searching for a home in DC or Northern Virginia with a first-floor bedroom suite or any other accommodation on your new home wish list, reach out! We are able to customize searches to meet your every need for greater ease in the homebuying process.